The Ambassador’s Mission Statement
The Ambassadors serve as prestigious volunteers on behalf of the San Leandro Chamber of Commerce and are dedicated to promoting our business community and expanding the Chamber membership.
Upon appointment, each Ambassador makes a commitment to build lasting relationships with membership and is charged with conveying members’ needs, questions and concerns to Chamber staff.
What are my responsibilities as an Ambassador?
- Accept new member assignments and conduct new member interviews via phone calls and/or in-person meetings, learning why members joined the Chamber and reporting relevant information to Chamber staff.
- Attend New Member Orientations and lead or facilitate small group discussions.
- Attend Chamber Member ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, and grand openings.
- Seek out first-time attendees and new members and welcome them at Chamber events.
- Check in quarterly with new members via phone calls and via phone calls and/or in-person meetings, reporting relevant information to Chamber staff
- Personally invite new members to attend Chamber events.
- Volunteer at Chamber functions such as Membership luncheons, Spring Gala, Mixers and Special events.
- Assist Chamber staff in securing membership renewal at the end of year of Chamber membership.
- Yearly contact of membership to obtain updated contact information for Chamber database
- Maintain current knowledge of Chamber programs, sponsorships and marketing opportunities and the benefits of each.
- Actively recruit prospective members.
What is the Ambassador Commitment?
Ambassadors can look forward to spending approximately 1 hour per week working with new members to enhance their member benefits or recruiting prospective members. Ambassadors are expected to attend at least one monthly meeting, one ribbon cutting, one membership luncheon and one mixer per quarter, and volunteer at a minimum of one special event per year.
What are the benefits?
Through active participation in the Chamber, Ambassadors are given the opportunity to extend their business contacts as they expand their communication and marketing skills. Ambassadors, and the businesses they represent, receive professional and community recognition for their participation in the Chamber.
- Exclusive First connection with new members
- Opportunities to meet the members and establish relationships
- Ambassador spotlight (bio) on Ambassador website
- Quarterly Ambassador raffle for:
- Marketing Mailer Flyer
- Luncheon Table Top
- Quarterly Website Banner Ad
- Annual VIP Drawing to one chamber special event
- Reduced Admission to most chamber events
- Expanded web listing
Ambassador committee members will be rewarded for bringing in new members. For each new member that the individual ambassador signs up, they will receive a 5% credit (from the total membership dues amount of the new member) to use for their choice of the following:
- Up to 50% off their membership dues
- Up to 50% off their admission to a Chamber Special Event, 2 tickets
The Ambassadors will need to bring to the Chamber a completed application. San Leandro Chamber membership must be current. Only members in good standing will be eligible to be an Ambassador.
Interested in Serving as an Ambassador? Contact the Chamber office to request an application. The Chair of the program will review your application and you will be contacted.